Thank you for considering the Chicago International Music Festival as your music performance tour in
2016. We know that you are looking for the best performance experience possible for your ensemble, and we
strive to provide just that.
It is our mission to present young musicians with an experience that offers the opportunity for musical growth while creating lasting memories. To enhance this experience, the performance venue chosen for the festival is the prestigious Armour Stage at the Chicago Symphony Center in downtown Chicago – home to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
ENSEMBLES : High School and College Instrumental & Choral Groups.
DURATION: 5 days
ACCEPTANCE: 1 university and 4 high school ensembles. Entry by Audition Only.
Faculty to be announced
DAY ONE: Thursday, March 24, 2016 – ARRIVE INTO CHICAGO!
DAY TWO: Friday, March 25, 2016 - Workshops
DAY THREE: Saturday, March 26, 2016 - Chicago Symphony Orchestra Concert
DAY FOUR: Sunday, March 27, 2016 - Chicago Symphony Center Performance
DAY FIVE: Monday, March 28, 2016 – CHICAGO → HOME
Thank you for participating in the Chicago International Music Festival!
- One gratis ground package for your staff for every 20 paid participants (based on double occupancy)
- Four (4) nights’ accommodation at a Downtown Chicago hotel (TBC)
- Hotel taxes and portage
- Airport transfers for group and baggage in Chicago
- Coach transfers to Chicago Symphony Center
- One (1) 60 minute ensemble workshop with festival clinician
- Sound check on stage at Chicago Symphony Center
- Festival performance and recorded critiques at the Armour Stage, Chicago Symphony Center
- One (1) Festival performance CD for director, Chicago Symphony Center house system
- Large instruments & equipment as noted:
- Conductor’s Podium, Piano/Keyboard, Two (2) String Basses, Timpani (set of 4), Concert Bass Drum, Marimba, Xylophone, Vibraphone, Chimes (Tubular Bells), Orchestra Bells (Glockenspiel), Gong
- Ticket to a concert at the Chicago Symphony Center (TBC – subject to ticket availability)
- Official Festival t-shirt
- Official Festival souvenir program
- Festival registration fees
- Access to all Festival concerts and events
- Large Festival Artwork Poster for each group
- Group award plaque
- Artist pass lanyard
- Director’s Packet
- Airfare (available through World Projects — see Air Travel Arrangements)
- Items of a personal nature (laundry, room service, internet connection etc.)
- Additional instrument rentals (World Projects can arrange rentals at additional costs)
- Additional sightseeing excursions (World Projects can arrange a variety of Chicago sightseeing activities which are presented as Optional Sightseeing Activities in the Director’s Packet)
- Group transfers to non-festival events
CLICK HERE to download the Prospectus for complete details and how to apply, or
International clients call World Projects at: 1-707-556-5885
United States clients call World Projects at: 1-800-922-3976